Thursday, January 27, 2011

Identity Theft

One thing that I have learned from this passage is our relationship to God when he says "Moses, my son" (Moses 1:4).  By and large most people do not realize their eternal identity.  That each of us truly is a son or daughter of God.  Understanding our relationship with Him it is no wonder why He would love us so much that He would go through all of this work to give us happiness.

     Probably the biggest reason I think the world in general has experienced this spiritual "identity theft" is because there is an adversary-El Diablo.  He will do anything he can to make sure you never realize who you really are▬A son or daughter of a heavenly king.  You'll notice the first thing Satan says to Moses when he appears is "Moses, son of man, worship me" (Moses 1:12)  The first thing the Devil is quick to do is try and point out to Moses "you're not a son of God Moses, you're a man.  Why don't you just bow down and worship me."  He is trying to take away Moses' identity, but Moses rightfully responds "Who art thou? For behold, I am a son of God, in the similitude of his Only Begotten; and where is thy glory, that I should worship thee?"(Moses 1:13
       I know that as we realize our true identity we will come closer to our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ.  We will see ourselves and others through the eyes of the spirit, or as they "really are".  If you have experienced this "identity theft" I have been referring to then may I direct you to the source that will help you reclaim it.  There is no government agency, no "credit report" agency, that can help with this one.  Only the one who made our agency possible Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment