Saturday, February 26, 2011

Highs and Lows of a mission.

The author of this was unknown but I think this poem is more accurate than ever in describing the indescribable feelings that the mission gives you.  This poem is entitled "The Highs and Lows of a mission"

A mission is a strange experience
It is a trial and a test.
A mission throws at you the worst
Yet, teaches you the best.
I've never been so happy,
I've never been so depressed.
I've never felt so forsaken,
I've never felt so blessed.
I've never been so confused,
Things have never been so clear.
I've never felt my Heavenly Father so distant,
He's never been so near.
I've never been so discouraged,
I've never been so full of hope.
I feel I could go on for forever,
I think I've come to the end of my rope.
I've never had it quite so easy,
I've never had it quite so tough.
Things have never been so smooth,
Things have never been so rough.
I've never traveled through more valleys,
I've never ascended more peaks.
I've never met so many nice people.
I've never met so many freaks!
I've never had so many ups,
I've never had so many downs.
I've never worn so many smiles,
I've never had so many frowns.
I've never been so lonely,
I've never had so many friends.
BOY, I hope this is over soon,
GOSH, I hope this never ends.

AMEN to whoever wrote this!  I definitely can say I have experienced every line from this poem on my mission.  I am so grateful I made the decision to come out on one, and that I have the opportunity to serve the Lord full-time for two years!  If you're debating whether or not you want to go on a mission then hear my words.  I say GO!!!!!!!!  IT IS THE BEST TWO YEARS!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this. A sister just returned from a mission and shared it in her homecoming talk. I thought it would help my daughter who is on a mission now so I was so happy to find it here, thank you!

    ReplyDelete