Thursday, June 9, 2011

The rains came down, and the floods came up!




We have been doing service up in Roundup Montana (yes, Roundup is the name of a town in Montana) the past few weeks, due to the major flooding they have had there.  It has been so humbling to be a part of the clean up.  As we were tearing out drywall because of the water damage the thought dawned on me "what if this was your home?"  I felt a cold shiver go through my whole body.  What would my family do if this were to happen to us?!  I almost began to weep for the family this did happen to.  They lost everything...  what was most painful for me to see, because of my love for pianos, was the beleaguered Steinway that was destroyed!!!!
     I have learned so much about serving others here in Montana.  It feels so good to lend a helping hand.   To who ever reads this I hope that you will heed the voice of a prophet when asked what the church could give him for his birthday, as President Monson said "find someone who is having a hard time and do something for them"  I know you will feel better no matter how your day is going it will only go up as you serve your fellow man.  As King Benjamin of old said  "I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."  Mosiah 2:17 
If you'd like to see a brief shot of me on the news check out http://www.kulr8.com/news/local/Volunteers-Get-Roundup-Recovery-on-Right-Track-123168003.html

1 comment:

  1. One good thing that comes from the flooding is that my back, shoulders, and arms get a workout filling up sandbags!

    ReplyDelete