Thursday, May 5, 2011

Anchor Points

I think we all have moments in our lives were we feel like letting go of the "cliff" we call life.  Sometimes even when we put forth our best efforts we fall short, or slip.  Whatever the case may be we fall once in a while right?  The most important thing though is how far do we fall.
      Just as a rock climber fixes anchor points into the mountain to prevent from falling very far.  When tragedy occurs it can often shake our footing, or our faith and we--fall.  We all, whether we realize it or not, have anchor points fixed in this mountain we call life.  These anchor points catch us when we are free falling to our spiritual death.  They prevent us from completely losing our beliefs.  They keep us from "falling"
     Spiritual anchor points are dotted all along our climb.  They may start small or weak but the higher we climb and more experienced we get we anchor them deeper and deeper.  Let me share with you some of my anchor points in life.  When I was first baptized and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  That is starting small.  I can remember times in my life when Heavenly Father gave me direct answers to prayer and the peace I felt was a definite anchor point when I slipped and fell.  One major anchor point was planted after I read the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ.  When I first went through the temple I felt the anchor points being tapped in.  These are just a few of my anchors to my faith.  What are some of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment